I know, I know..... I never update our site. Its been what - a year? There is just too much that has gone on to go back and write about now.... so here's to the future.
I have been so proud of our son this summer, we have spent a lot of time in the pool and he is once again, ocassionally putting his face into the water. We have spent a lot of time working on that, and working on his friendship skills as well. I've taken a toy with us to the pool and as we are playing with it, soon other kids want to join in and I phase out and let him learn how to make and be a friend.
So far, he has done really well, and I've only had to step in a couple of times. The last time I stepped in was on Saturday, he had tried to punch a boy who was teasing him (do I blame him... NO), but I made him get out and this sweet man who had been in the pool came over to me and told me that K was a real sweet boy who had good manners. He told me that he had appropriately asked the boys if he could play, and also that as he went to go past him that he had said "Excuse Me, Pardon Me". It really made me feel good. Yeah K for all your progress this summer!
The video that Im including is from a swim party at our friends the Odoms from church and it actually shows him dogpaddling (swimming to him) and putting his face in the water!
Way to Go K!
PS I still am learning my new video camera.... I apologize for my volume on the tape!
No comments:
Post a Comment