Thursday, October 23, 2008

Raingutter Regatta Time







I love being a co-den leader for K cubscout den. We had the raingutter regatta last night and here are the pictures. K won the award for the most spookiest boat!
Kent and K had lots of fun making the boat. On one of the minimum days, Kent picked K up from school and they went to the hardware store and picked out the paint and they then went and picked out all the stickers and the stamps to decorate it with.
Then over the course of the next week, they worked on sanding and painting and putting the stickers on. I think it turned out awesome!
On an upside/autistic note, even though in the afternoon he had been "off" he was able to hold it together all night. He did get upset because he lost both heats he was in and then refused to go again, which was okay. After that though, he was able to want to stay and cheer on his friends in the den. I was so proud. I think it helped that we had told him, that it would be okay if he acted excited, and that he wouldn't get into trouble for that, but only if he acted "inappropriate", then there would be problems and we would have to leave. (I guess it also helped that we gave him an extra 1/2 tablet of risperadal too, per doctors orders)
Good Job K





No comments: