
11:30 p.m. last Monday, while lying in bed and reading my book, the biggest crash you ever heard. Kent and I both went running outside to see that a branch from one of our old trees had fallen. the branch was about 15 feet long and the end was rotted out and had termites (eeew).
The amazing thing is that it fell parallel to both the pasture fence and our road. It didn't hit either one of them.
We called the tree guys the next morning and sure enough the tree had to come down. Unfortunately, it was I think about 50 or 60 years old. A beautiful tree.
One of the things I am most sad about is the little ecosystems that the tree held. The poor tree guys got stung because of the beehive inside the tree. Then the squirrel's home... well that part of the tree got cut out in a big section and moved over to where the horses are so that I can use it as a mounting block. Not to mention all the termites and beetles that lived in the tree.
Ok.... what am I saying... ecosystems.... those are all pests!
As you can see by the pictures, the tree was very close to our power lines, our horses fence and ultimately ... the house.



1 comment:
so sad to see an old tree go, but so glad your property was spared damage.
Post a Comment