When K has a decision to make, it is always very difficult for him. For example, when he is hungry you can ask him: Do you want Chicken Nuggets? No. Do you want a Hot Dog? No. Do you want.....? No.
Sometimes it is at this point that Kent will ask "Do you want a sock in the nose?". No. etc.
The other day K wanted some candy really really badly and I kept saying no. He was starting to throw a temper tantrum and yelling "I want candy". So finally, I just said "well, I'd like a sock in the nose, but Im not gonna get one." It stopped him dead in his tracks, he pauses and then cocks his head and says very emphatically, "Allright".
He takes off running for my bedroom and opens my sock drawer, grabs one of my christmas socks and runs back into the kitchen and attempts to stick it on my nose.
By this time, we are both rolling on the floor laughing so hard and he has totally lost track of the fact that he wanted candy. Kent comes in from the office and he's like, what's so funny!
I was just grateful that he doesn't understand that "sock in the nose" is a pseudonym for a punch in the nose!
No comments:
Post a Comment