Sunday, September 27, 2009

Special Olympics - Bowling

K started SO - bowling yesterday.  There were 90 some bowlers and first they practice, then they do two games and at the end - all the bowlers go to the next level of competition.  We have found out that our son doesn't like failing.  If he did not get a strike he would get mad and run away.  Now this is after the talk that we had before we even left.  You could see the stress, worry and anger on his face.

The coach on our two lanes was awesome.  Whenever, it was his turn, he would yell, I'm quitting, I'm not doing it and she would so okay, you don't have to, but someone has to roll the ball, do you want to do it or will I do it.  And then he would go and either do it or help her to do it.

After the first game we didn't make him bowl the second.  I wonder if we should try again next time in two weeks, or if we should find a sport that doesn't involve more than one person.  Both hubby and I are wondering and just shaking our heads on how to help teach him.

No comments: