First we went to celebrate the life of a friend who I didn't know for very long, but Sue and her husband made an impact on our family. I first met her after we were married. They were in our Ward at church. Sue and Jim... Mr. and Mrs. Clause for two months of every year. We still have the picture of our son and Santa as a five month old baby being held by Jim. Actually, that picture was on the wall at CVS pharmacy for about five years!
It was so sweet to hear and learn more about Sue from the talks and to be able to see her through the eyes of others. She was a loving service orientated woman who had a lot of friends.
This is how I will remember her:
We had only lived in that Ward for one year, but at the memorial today, there were so many faces that I recognized but couldn't remember their names.
After the memorial we needed to head out to Del Oro High School for the Upstage production that Deanna, Lindsey, Hayes and two of Mark and Anna's kids, Amy and Haley were in. I can't forget Steve and Heidi's daughter Hanna is in the group too.
Here is were the hard choices comes in.... It was lunch time in between the two events. I needed to feed my family, but didn't have time to fix something, so to Carl's Jr. drive thru we went. Amazingly, I persevered, I DID NOT ORDER anything. We went home to change and I quickly fixed my Medifast meal.
I know, amazing isn't it.
The Upstage production was so much fun, I am so proud of the kids. I thought so much as I watched them, Deanna and Lindsey dancing next to each other, how fun they must have being able to hang out together so much. How important that relationship is and I love to see it. I thought about my mother in law and knew how proud she is of these girls for their choices, talents and beauty, and how she would not have missed their performance.
Here's the link to their production company...They are in a few pictures here
After that K and I took dad out for dinner at his choice the Outback. The food was good and I tried to order a meal within the calories that I could. Yeah - like I said, I'm not perfect and I did have some of the appetizer and bread as well.
I'm not going to try to make excuses, I try hard and then just do my best. I am going to reach my goal, no matter what.
Enjoy the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment