My honey and son had Scout Camp this week and left early on Monday morning. Woohoo! While the boys away the mom will play. Hmm define play? Paint something, yeah, that's right, let's paint something.
You see when Kent goes away, I usually use that opportunity to get a project done without interruption. (translation w/o any "discussion" about whether or not we should even want to do that project).
The first Son's of Liberty camp 8 years or so ago, I painted my cabinets.... Anyway, I decided to paint my laminate countertops. So I did the research before they left and that Monday, I stopped and bought what I needed.
I got the counters ready that night, all taped, and sanded.
The next night after work, I came home and got busy!
The first step - get organized!
Second step - paint the black gooey glue stuff on the countertop
Third step - take the spreader and spray on the chips of gray/white all over the sticky black gooey stuff. Make sure you do a thick coat. Then the fun stuff - sanding - can you believe that they want you to do this by hand!!!! Are they nuts?
Okay - the top one was sanded by hand, the bottom one has been sanded with my mouse!
Ah, below my faithful mouse. The only thing that you have to be careful with is to not go too deep on the corners and edges. Otherwise it works like a charm!
The last step.... put the top coat on and let it dry. Doesn't it look nice? I love how it turned out.
Now all we need to do is wait the 48 hours before we can do light duty on it. 1-3 weeks for a full cure. I absolutely love how it turned out!
Note to self: Now that it is painted and looks gorgeous.... You can really tell that it needs a back splash. What do you think about this glass tile? When does the hubby go away again :) Love it!

1 comment:
Great job! And love those tiles!
Post a Comment