Friday, July 13, 2012

It's a Go!

It's a go!  Dr. Waldrep said he would do my surgery and it's on Monday!

One analogy that he left me with after the appointment was that if I went to the grocery store, to the pet food aisle and picked out the heaviest bag of dog food and carried it around the store that is what it was like before I had lost the 44 lbs.  It really opened my eyes.

So today was my last day at work and I busted my butt hard to get everything done, I still left quite a bit to do, but I finished the critical stuff.

Next step - two days on a liquid diet, then nothing after 12:00 Midnight on Sunday night.   My surgery is not until around 3:00 in the afternoon.  He wanted to leave lots of time for me because of my adhesions.

Then it is one or two nights in the hospital.

As I realized last night that all my hard work that I have done the last five months has brought me to this goal, I started to think about clothes and what I will need to buy eventually.

I thought:  "Tonight I'm going to look online at clothes in regular sizes!".  My next thought was:  "Where the heck do I shop for regular size clothes?"  So I actually did a google search for where to shop for appropriate clothes for a 45 year old.  As I browsed to see what was out there, it hit me that I don't even know what I like and had to sit down and ask myself:  "What is my style going to be?" 

All these questions, floating in my head as I searched online for a dress.  Now, I know this is premature, I don't know what size I will end up in or how much more weight I will lose, but what an exciting proposition to chose a style and be able to go to any store and buy clothes!

I know that I have a lot of work ahead of me still and what I will go through in the next 4-6 weeks will not be easy, but it will be so worth it.  I'm worth it!

As a sidebar, in the five days of walking this week, I have walked 11.3 miles so far and I plan on walking Saturday as well for my two miles.  Shhh - don't tell anyone, I actually enjoy how I feel afterwards!  


P.S.  I don't think working out is addicting yet - haha - guess I have to keep up the work until it is an addiction :)


Peace Out!



 

No comments: